Whether it is a weekend away or a fortnight in Florida, I find packing to be the most stressful event. Does anyone else go through the following checklist..?
- Clothes √
- Shoes √
- Sense of impending dread and overwhelming panic that you may have forgotten something integral i.e your toothbrush that ABSOLUTELY CANNOT BE PURCHASED ELSEWHERE?!… √
I know this sounds ridiculous but I can almost certainly guarantee (or at least hope) that there are others out there that are the same. I mean, what if I pack an outfit that looks good when I’m having a skinny day but then I have a fat day? NIGHTMARE!
When researching ways to help curb my anxiety of over and under packing, almost all of the articles stated to make a list. Well that’s fine, but what if I forget to put something on this list? The worry is endless.
So in a bid to help myself and others in similar situations, I have devised a plan…
The Ultimate Plan for Over Obsessive Serial Packers (Drama? √)
- Start as early as you can before you go.
- Write down the days and nights you will be away i.e Monday day / Monday night etc. (I find this is easier in a table)
- Write down a couple of outfit ideas for each – Including shoes.
- See if there are any things that overlap – Could you narrow it down from 3 pairs of jeans to 1? Do you really need 12 pairs of shoes?
- Consult the list over the next few days and make amendments.
- Make sure that your chosen outfits are not specific to thin or fat days… trust me, it’s the worst!
- Write down your final choices in a list so that you know exactly which blue stripy top you wanted when you come to pack them. DETAILS DARLING, DETAILS!
- Ensure that you have a small (ish) selection of accessories to choose from.
- Ask a friend or family member if there’s anything you’ve forgot. My mum hates me for this but without her I’d have taken many trips without essentials like socks…
- Remember, less is more (unless it comes to pants…always pack enough pants).
Lay it out for a nice Instagram picture so you don’t feel so bad = Step 1